Breathwork, specially advanced and prolonged sessions of breathwork can results in certain specific physiological changes in the body and also can result in intense physical and emotional release.
Therefore, for safety purposes, persons with the following conditions cannot participate in a breathwork session or have to consult with their doctor/therapist before:
- Detached Retina
- Osteoporosis that is serious enough whereby moving around actively could cause potential issues
- High Blood Pressure that is not controlled with medication
- Cardiovascular disease and/or irregularities including prior heart attack
- Strokes, seizures, TIAs or other brain/neurological condition or disease
- If either you have had an aneurysm or if two members in your immediate family have had one
- Use of prescription blood thinning medications such as Coumadin
- Pregnancy – first trimester only – ok after that
- Asthma (if you have asthma you can participate but you must have your inhaler available)
- Prior diagnosis by a health professional of bipolar disorder or schizophrenia
- Hospitalization for any psychiatric condition or emotional crisis during the past 10 years
- If you have been diagnosed with PTSD and still have strong symptoms, you are required to get your therapist’s approval to participate before you register
- Any other medical, psychiatric or physical conditions which would impair or affect ability to engage in any activities that involve intense physical and/or emotional release
NB: Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are at all unsure whether one or more of the above apply to you.